Tuesday, November 10, 2009

JISHCAND'S PUERILITY FLIGHT

ASTRO BOY
Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own ASTRO BOY


I remember playing with my childhood peer back in the province right after watching Astro Boy on boob tube every morning. Those moments are quiet frivolous. I used to play as Astro Boy back then with my gang. Astro Boy is my “Survivor” when I was still a kid. I remember enjoying this traditional Japanese animation series together with my fav biblical anime called SuperBook and The Flying House. After 2 decades, whoaah!!!!!!!!!!!!! My childhood fantasy is soaring in the cinemas worldwide with the latest gimmick! CGI animation to the rescue unfortunately not in 3D! Astro Boy is not that remarkable when it comes to Oscar standards but for Jishcand standards this little boy is truly extraordinary. Pixar is soaring high with their UP but Astro Boy is not lagging behind. He is zooming faster than ever!

ASTRO BOY2

FILM PREMISE: Astro Boy is a young robot from futuristic Metro City. Created by a brilliant scientist named Dr. Tenma , and powered by pure positive "blue" energy that gives him such abilities as x-ray vision, inhuman speed, and flight, the wide-eyed android longs to find his true place in the world. He sets out on an epic journey that brings him face to face with an underworld army of robots and some of the strangest creatures ever to walk the Earth, and along the way learns to experience human feelings and emotions. Astro Boy's remarkable mission of discovery is suddenly cut short, however, when he learns that his friends and family back in Metro City are in grave danger. As Astro Boy prepares to face off against his greatest adversary in order to save everything he cares most about, he realizes that only through victory will he finally discover what it takes to be a hero.

Honestly, I couldn't remember one single episode anymore from the TV series. So the cinema experience is actually novel. I certainly love the story. The first character that came into my mind as inspiration for Astro Boy is Pinocchio and next is Haley Joel Osment's character in Artificial Intelligence. It's easy to fall in love with Astro Boy. The robot has a heart like a boy and that makes him amiable. Honestly, the movie is surprisingly lachrymose. I never thought that I would weep here. Twice or even more. I have shallow tears when it comes to saving friends and families. However, the story is not that all-out funny and nifty. There are one-liners from forgettable characters but Astro Boy clearly overshadows their existence. I'm glad that the movie has a sleek storytelling. Kids can easily follow and adults will bask some of the humor. Actually, the movie shows a lot of explosive actions scenes which are pretty comparable to “The Incredibles'. The movie is pretty enjoyable just don't scrutinize so much especially on the political matter. Remember this movie is intended for kids and young-at-heart adults like me. Though some scenes may be too overwhelming for children, the action is crafty.

ASTRO BOY4

The CGI animation is amazing. Amazing! The right term for it! The colors are vibrant. The direction from David Bowers is spot on. By the way, he also directed Flushed Away and I also love that movie. I must mention some great highlights of the film. The creation of Astro Boy is probably one of the best here. Astro Boy's first flight is probably one of the best scenes from any animations ever. There is an odd sensation right there. It's unexplainable and magical at the same time. Astro Boy 's cage fight is also breathtaking. John Ottman's music is really cool. I want the soundtrack now! The sound mixing and editing is thunderous inside the cinema. Experience it in Surround Cinema it's awesome!

ASTRO BOY1

Freddie Highmore never fails me. He has done this before in Arthur and the Invisibles and his voice is perfect for our beloved Astro Boy. His voice is energetic and expressive. Nicolas Cage once again surprises me as Dr. Tenma. This time his tone is perceptible but still quirky. I thought I heard Gossip Girl's sleazy voice here. Oh yeah, Kristen Bell is here not to dish the dirtbut to befriend with Astro Boy as Cora. Nathan Lane, Bill Nighy, Donald Sutherland and Charlize Theron manage to add some colors to the voice ensemble.

ASTRO BOY3

Astro Boy is not as remarkable as Pixar's award-winning films and Dreamworks' blockbusters but it stays afloat. The movie still soars. Just don't take the politics in the movie seriously and you'll end up loving our young Toby. Whether he's Toby or Astroboy, he has a special place in my heart right now just like the little fish called Nemo. I strongly recommend to bring your kids and young siblings to the cinema. Kids will surely enjoy the flight of our valiant cuddly robot. C'mon Astro Boy, let's zoom into the horizon!!!!!!!!!!!

ASTRO BOY5 free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: