Saturday, November 21, 2009

STRICTLY : FOR TWIHARDS ONLY

NEW MOON
Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own new moon

Here's the thing: I am not a Twilight fantard. I haven't read any of the books from Stephenie Myer. I've watched Twilight thrice already because my sister is a fan. The first movie did not convert me to be one of the Twilighters or become a member of Team Edward either. This “New Moon” has a decent melioration but the movie is not that magnetic enough. The movie fails to seduce me again. The movie has a target audience: STRICTLY FOR TWILIGHT FANS ONLY.

new moon3

FILM PREMISE: Bella Swan is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black. Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested. Which side are you on? Team Edward or Team Jacob? Now guys flaunt your sexiest abs now!

new moon1

Since I haven't read the novel I can't make a scrutiny if this adaptation gives justice to Myer's work. But I can tell if the script is interesting for the non-fans. Unfortunately, the story sucks just like that skinny cute vampire. I mean Edward sucks blood. New Moon basically is a cheesy chick/teen flick. It does nothing to create something exciting for the non-fans or some guys. The movie is excessively lengthy. The movie consumes about 50 minutes of deadening outset. I feel sad for the ordinary moviegoers who are bitten by the hype. They will definitely leave the theater wondering about the baloney fuzz. This is mostly all about Bella's frustrations,confusions, craziness and her special ability. The movie sluggishly shows a predictable love triangle. The lines are little clunky for me (for fans they're sweet, as heard from screaming teens in the theater). However, I find the new characters gripping. The laconic wolves steal the show from the Cullens and the Volturi vampires are deeply puzzling. For some reasons the movie sells effectively when it comes to unsolicited sex. Hunky wolfmen are shirtless most of the time flaunting their sexy abs and erogenous brief cuts. So they are targeting the gay audience now! Ehem...

new moon4

New Moon is fairly enjoyable because of its second half showdown. The new director does a magnificent job with the fight scenes. The action sequences here are much better compared to Twilight's ho-hums which were done by a female director. Unfortunately, Chris Weitz was handed with a script that offers a little action. He has some struggles mostly on the “kilig” moments. The visual effects are satisfying but it won't win a prestigious award. I think it's safe to say that New Moon will rake most of the major awards in next year's Oscar Awards!!! Just kidding! I mean MTV Movie Awards. Let me predict: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Actor ( tie between Rob & Taylor), Best Action Scene, Best Song and of course Best Kiss ever. Like duh? “It's my birthday. Kiss me Edward please”. I'm wonderin' why Bella is not that aggressive on snogging Jacob? Is his nose that pestiferous​?I'm also wonderin' how come these hunky wolves are not butt-naked after their post-transformation?

new moon2

Kristen Stewart is still watchable as Bella Swan. I can feel her pain and longing too. Robert Pattinson is quiet horrible this time. Thanks God he only he appears for 10 minutes or so. It's excruciating watching him acting with only one facial expression. His acting is really wooden which is also applicable to Taylor Lautner. Yeah, Taylor has a perfect body to die for but his acting is not that honed yet. He is a lifeless beefcake. Surprisingly, Dakota Fanning manages to be frightening in a small role as well as Michael Sheen. Ashley Greene is the reason why I'm still smiling right now. She plays the role of Alice with quirkiness and I love her that way!

NEW MOON

I'm not saying that “New Moon” is super ho-hum. It is just a little boring (for non-fans). The love triangle lacks some oomph despite its eccentricity. For die-hard fans “New Moon” is a vast achievement but for non-fans this sequel is a big disappointment. If you've seen the first movie and hated it, I suggest that you must avoid this one. If you're interested to know the love story of Edward & Bella in New Moon, just wait for the DVD. Honestly, I don't like the movie but I don't hate it entirely. Why? I really like the songs in the movie and I think I'm in love with Alice Cullen already.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments: