Thursday, August 9, 2007

JIM CARREY’S “REBUFF JINX”


EVAN ALMIGHTY



Trivia :
ORIGINAL : The Mask – Big Hit from Jim
SEQUEL : Son of the Mask – Rejected by Jim ( Flop!!!! )

ORIGINAL : Dumb & Dumber – Big Hit from Jim too
SEQUEL : Dumb & Dumberer – Rejected by Jim too ( flopped too and one of the worst movie ever made!)

Then here comes another movie rejected by Jim.

First it was Bruce Almighty. That film was a riot. I love Jim Carrey as Bruce and Steve Carell as Evan too. Who can forget his gibberish newscast in that movie? I had a non-stop guffaw on that one. But here as Evan Almighty?……less fun but an inspirational family movie.

The visual effects are good. I love watching the parade of animals. The flood is just ok. It was stupid actually.

Sad to say I only enjoyed the ark and the animals

Steve Carell is sometimes good and most of the time he is over-acting. His screaming in “The 40-year Old Virgin” was hilarious. No doubt they gave him this project coz that film was a surprise hit. He has numerous “screaming coz I’m in pain” scenes here but I became sick & tired watching him. He ain’t that funny anymore. He also did the famous gibberish blah blah bleh blah blah. Unfortunately, it didn’t work this time. Too bad.

The story is quiet OK. It’s really inspirational if you think about it.
Of course God is involved you know.

Well, a comedy with big budget but low on jokes.

However, I love the soundtrack and the end credits.

I don’t know if you’ll enjoy this one.
I’m still ambivalent if this great or bad.

Watch the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrMUPkXfQ90

No comments: