Saturday, August 11, 2007

ANDREA CORR'S 10 FEET HIGH

I recently bought Andrea’s Debut Album. Nope, The Corrs is not breaking up. They’re just taking a long hiatus for their families.
Jim, Sharon & Caroline have kids to take care right now.
Since Andrea is still single but happy. She released her solo album.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What can I say???
She is awesome.
Her voice is still palpable that she’s part-Corrs. This time you can’t recognize the sound of her siblings’ trademark.
You will miss the Celtic/folk/pop touch.
Andrea’s 10 Feet Higher is a must collection for a hardcore fan of the group just like me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There are 11 tracks.

Hello Boys
- it’s kinda like funky pop/rock . I like it. It’s a seductive song actually.

Anybody There- I love the piano hook here.

Shame On You
- the 1st single. It’s very political. It is anti-War and I love the angst in this song. I love dancing with this.
I Do- it’s short but cute but it sounds like Psapp’s Cozy In The Rocket.

10 Feet High- it’s the title track and very soothing. The intro reminds me of Children by Robert Miles. Ripoff? I don’t know but I like this too.

Champagne From A Straw- This is one my favs. I love this instantly. The song is so frivolous. Very catchy.I think this is next single.

24 hours – a very serious track but nice and I feel like dancing!

This is what it’s all About- a very romantic love song. I love the acoustic vibe of the guitar. Enchanting performance from her too.

Take me I’m Yours – wow this track flabbergasted me. You won’t recognize Andrea’s voice here. This track is electronica inspired. It’s cool by the way.

Stupidiest Girl In the World – the song is not that stupid in fact it’s very angry. But, she didn’t sound so furious at all. It’s like she’s hiding it inside. Clever song.

Ideal World – this is the only song where you can tell that she’s from THE CORRS. Their sound is present here especially when Sharon’s violin begins to cry. I love this last track.

Ten Feet High is Andrea Corr's debut solo album. Previously entitled Present, the album is produced by Nellee Hooper whose credits include U2, Gwen Stefani, Madonna & Björk and is executive produced by U2's Bono. The album is due for release on June 25, 2007 with the lead single, "Shame on You (to Keep My Love from Me)", being released on June 18, 2007.


All the songs on the album have been composed by Andrea herself, save for one: a cover of the first Squeeze hit "Take Me I'm Yours". According to unnamed sources in an article from Hot Press Magazine in January 2007, the album will be different from The Corrs' sound

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



SHAME ON YOU VIDEO

SHAME ON YOU LYRICS

You left me thinking what a bore
I'm always stuck inside
I've got a feeling there is more
Than I've been left behind
A lot of pain a lot of noise
That these four walls hide
Happy faces go to war.
And dance upon the mines

Chorus
Come join come join come join us
Your barely young come join us
Youd be a man come join come join us
You're big and strong come join us

You planted me in foreign ground
A pen within a hand
At least I am not on my own
In hell I have a friend
I know I find (innocence) ashamed?
It isn't my crusade
Dirty faces in a war
Asleep in open graves

Come join come join come join us
]
Your barely young come join us
You'll be a man come join come join us
Your big and strong come join us
Shame on you shame on you shame on you
To keep my love from me-shame on you
Shame on you shame on you
To keep my love from me
Shame on you shame on you shame on you
To keep my love from me

Shame on you-close your eyes to see shame on you shame on you
Shame on you shame on you shame on you
To keep my love from me
When you close your eyes to see
You block your heart to me?
You changed his name to a number?
But he survives a child

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I LOVE HER!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Napadpad lang sa blog mo through Google. Just a question.. Sa Pinas mo ba nabili yung TFH? Wala kasi ako makita kahit saan eh, kahit sa Music One wala eh. Thanks huh :)