Wednesday, August 15, 2007

REFRESHING ZESTY WAVES


SURF'S UP



If you love March of the Penguins coz it’s beautiful;
If you love Happy Feet coz it’s cool and frivolous;
Then give Surf’s Up a chance coz it’s refreshing!!!!!

I really thought that this is just a hunky-dory animation but I was amazed coz this film gave me so much fun. I love the CGI. Sony Pictures Animation improved a lot.
I was overwhelmed with the ocean and the waves coz it’s almost real. I love the vigorous colors they used. It’s like having fun under the sun while running to the fine white sand of the beach. Or if you’re into surfing? What are you waiting for? Surf now and feel the waves to a nearest theatre near you.

This is a mockumentary animation. Ha ha ha!!!Even better than Borat. I guarantee that the story is satisfying. There is a twist but it’s kinda predictable. Nevertheless, the humor is simply superb. I was laughing most of the time.

The voice acting? Can I give them awards please??? Shia LeBeouf is remarkable. Strong
voice performance as Cody our protagonist. Jeff Bridges gave a marvelous moment. His voice is perfect too as… secret! Napoleon Dynamite’s Jon Heder is simply side-splitting as Chicken Joe.

The soundtrack??? WOW!!!! Totally cool!!!
Imagine Green Day,311, Incubus, Sugar Ray, Pear Jam, Lauryn Hill & New Radicals are contributing in the film. Their songs were played too as background music.

This animated film can stand alone.
It is really different from other films from Pixar, Dreamworks etc.
But I would give the award still to Happy Feet as the Best Penguin Animation so far.

The ocean just got cooler.
Surf’s Up is A Major "Ocean" Picture!!!!

Watch the trailer



No comments: