Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BULLETS WITH AWESOME EAGLE WINGS

WANTED

Wanted_film_poster

I wanted James McAvoy & Angelina Jolie to kick my ass right now!!! Why? I failed to watch this on a Dolby Surround Cinema with comfortable seats and a very cold air-conditioning. Duh... oh yeah I was busy and didn't have enough dough that time so I kinda missed this. Fortunately, the film is still being shown in some of the old theaters in the Metro. Those without great sound, old wooden seats and a very hot room. I think they are just using blowers for ventilation. Ha ha ha! I had no volition but to watch this film. The experience is still awesome even without the posh pampering.

Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy) is a young account manager in his 20's. He suffers from a stress disorder. His boss annoys him and his lover is shtupping with his best buddy. But things suddenly change when a mysterious Fox (Angie Jolie) tells him that the greatest assassin in the world died recently and he was his father. He must join the Fraternity of Assassins coz an amazing kismet is waiting for him. It's like Hagrid asking for Harry Potter to come and learn in Hogwarts. Those stuff you know but this is not about magic at all. This about the bloody violence and flying bullets with eagle wings!!! PREPARE TO f@#%*n DIE!!!

wanted2

This is based from a graphic comic book but I'm not familiar with it so let's just shun it. The film's ambition is to please the audience. They did not disappoint the hardcore action fans. This is a film to die for. I know I'm just exaggerating but you should not miss this one.Even if you're not into this Matrixy and violent films I think you'll appreciate this film.

wanted19th

First, Angelina Jolie the sexiest and effective action star in the universe kicks ass!!! I love Angie so much. Oh God she is awesome! Oh my God she's amazing. I love her! I just can't stop loving her. Her stunts are marvelous. I really love her sexy duck at the tunnel's entrance. It's really unforgettable.

wanted_2008_xl_03—film-A

James McAvoy carries the whole film!!! This is his picture. He is so good and the producers are just so lucky to cast him coz he is so damn perfect for the role! He is the man!

What's really awesome in Wanted is the adrenaline rush. The action scenes are captivating. Yeah, it's like The Matrix but this has new twists. Maybe because the Russian director is so good. Timur Bekmambetov, the famous auteur of Night Watch & Day Watch totally delivers a spectacular and breathtaking action film. I just love the surprise twist!!!!

Oh by the way, my fav Danny Elfman provides the musical score. It rocks!!!

I'm not saying that this is a perfect film. Actually, there are loopholes in the story but it's not that palpable coz the flying bullets and jaw dropping acrobatic cars will mesmerize you. You can easily forget the flaws.

angelina-jolie-wanted-movie

Wanted is more enjoyable than Batman Begins but the latter is just so perfect. This film is really lurid but it's stylish and sometimes elating. I am recommending this one but just don't watch it on a cheap theater. Actually, I went out so sweaty and my shirt was so wet. Ha ha ha! Just wait for the Original DVD to come out in the next few months.

wanted-movie-trailer

Let's fly with the awesome bullets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RATING : 4.5 /5

No comments: