Monday, August 11, 2008

SIDE-SPLITTING PAIN-ESS (OR PENIS)

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

Forgetting_sarah_marshall_ver2

This film is a surprise hit in the US. With a modest budget it really earned quiet a bunch. There was a strong word of mouth too about Jason Segel's full frontal. Yes yes yes!!! He is so brave to show his wiener. Is he a winner??? Jason Segel is the next “big” thing. This dude can really act even if he is fully undressed!!!!

Peter Bretter played by Segel is happily riding the peak of his career as a composer of a popular TV show as well as having a cutie girlfriend Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell).One day she breaks up with him and he suddenly finds himself alone and broken-hearted. He falls to pieces and decides to spend days in Hawaii to forget Sarah. Unfortunately, she is also in Hawaii staying in the same hotel with her new boyfriend.
photo_29_hires

This film is from the makers of The 40-Year Old Virgin and Knocked-Up. I love the first but hated the last even if Dr. Izzie is there. I don't get that boring comedy. I just don't get it. Since I really enjoyed that Steve Carell's flick and Gossip Girl is also here, I immediately watched the DVD of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.


This is even better than Knocked Up. I love this one coz there's no drugs involved, no weeds, no ice just sex & hooches. The controversial penis pop-up is not that arousing. It isn't that disturbing too. It is fast and it is quiet sad. Though the last pop-up is side-splitting. There is some “kilig” in the last “hello”.

photo_26_hires

What's amazing about this film is the humor. It's really fresh and I just love the cleanliness of the script. Believe me I think I didn't hear too much F words here. Sometimes hearing that four letter word really makes me sick moreover when it's also too opprobrious. I was really riant most of the time. God this is so hilarious. Jason Segel is really impressive. He can strike a giggle-punch in a flash. Kristen Bell aka Gossip Girl aka Veronica Mars is astounding too. She's so bold. Look at her acting! She is really mesmerizing. Wow!!! Watch out for this hot actress too named Mila Kunis. She plays Rachel and I think she just overshadowed Bell's pulchritude here. The other supporting actors are really hilarious especially Jack McBrayer from 30 Rock and Mariah's “Touch My Body” Video. Watch out for that sex lesson at the beach. Ha ha ha!!! I was rolling on the floor laughing. Ha ha ha!!!

photo_19_hires

Watching this film also makes you want to fly to Hawaii immediately. The beach is inviting. I love the tropical location of the film. The place is really awesome for your summer vacation. I read that it was filmed at the Turtle Bay Resort of Oahu, Hawaii.

photo_30_hires

Unfortunately, there's no cool soundtrack here but that song in which Jason Segel performs here is unputdownable. It sounds like Grace Kelly by Mika based on the way that he arranged it and it has a crazy hook too. I like it.

This film is unforgettable in many ways. It's really raunchy but it's so endearing Don't worry about the nudity in the film coz it's not that perturbing just don't let the kids watch this.

I really recommend this one. This is a surprising film. I just can't wait for Jason Segel's next pop-up I mean next flick.

RATING : 4 / 5 *

No comments: