Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A TOUGH MAN'S FLICK

DEATH RACE

poster1

This movie is called Death Race. So what do you expect from this movie? Of course! Deadly race! Violent race! Bloody race!!! This is not like Disney's Herbie Fully Loaded and Pixar's Cars. This ain't The Amazing Race too. I just don't know if this is comparable to the recent flop Speed Racer coz I haven't seen it yet. I will watch it soon on DVD. This remake of the 1974 Death Race 2000 is one of the most awesome but barbarous race films ever created for the tough men and not so toughie there hiding inside the closet of their cars.

In 2012, the American economy has collapsed and crime is ubiquitous. Private companies are currently running the penal facilities for profit. Erstwhile racer Jensen Ames is wrongfully convicted of killing his wife. Inside the prison, he's given a chance to race in the highest rating reality show called the Death Race, in exchange of his freedom. Will he accept this baneful offer? Of course! We don't have a movie if he won't take it. Let the race begins!!!!

PH6M0669DJIm97_m

The opening scene is already rampageous and it's almost shocking. I watched this movie without enough 40 winks and I was really soporiferous. But, the moment Jason Statham shows his sexy ass I mean abs I became so ecstatic and wanting to see him more. Kidding! I didn't know that Mr. Transporter is so damn scrumptious. Yeah, according to my friend he is really gorgeous even if he's aging already.

PHht5mmnNt0Xkl_m

I love the race. It's amazing. Unfortunately, it's not that exciting coz it's really predictable. Watching the Death Race is like playing your fav online video game. I'm not really into these techie games but this race is simply striking. The crash after crash, then death after death scenes are the highlights here.

PHztZzzCgBjtDB_m

The main reason why I like this movie is that the story is awesome. Their futuristic cars are not in CGI too and that's truly amazing! The stunts are really cool and heart-stopping at the same time. Just don't expect a beautiful cinematography or award winning screenplay. Just watch this with fun agenda. Don't scrutinize the Oscar details and goofs of this flick. Simply enjoy the crashes coz it's their main promise. You won't forget those deadly collisions. It's really revolting to the kids. By the way this is rated R-13 by the MTRCB.

jason

I think PW Anderson is so naughty and he might be gay. It's undeniable that he really emphasizes Jason Statham's machismo, There are some naked scenes with Jason and he makes sure it's titillating to the targeted audience. I'm so envy watching him doing that back exercise. I love his shape and I want to have that contour! It's also hilarious to see that scene where Jason's bulge is so palpable on the big screen. It's not that bulky but the camera is so close to his crotch. It's super-abutting and it makes me smile coz it's a ridiculous shot. Watch out for it!

Natalie Martinez as Case is scorching but her face is forgettable. Joan Allen as the prison warden steals the spotlight. Basically her role is almost akin on what she does in The Bourne Trilogy but she's just a good villain here. Tyrese Gibson is also part of the cast but I think he is better on the runway (half-naked) modeling some thong than doing some stunts here. For me the most lovable character is Coach. Ian McShane is the man!

By the way, the music rocks!!!

PHrGpxwrqfEeuy_m

Don't worry about the "crash debilitation" right after watching this movie. Death Race has a flaccid side too. You will leave the theater grinning and feeling good.

RATING : 3.5 / 5 *

No comments: