Thursday, August 21, 2008

SCUMMY CAMP POP

CAMP ROCK

camp-rock-dvd4

Honestly, my poof teen neighbors had been so querulous to me for the last 2 months since the premiere of Camp Rock in the US last June 20 , 2008. They wanted me to DL the torrent knock off video of Disney Channel Original Movie. The Asian premiere is yet to be shown this September 7, 2008. Oh gosh it's too late. They are so pissed off ! Unfortunately, we don't have Cable Services in our area as of now. They felt so hopeless the other week coz they are so behind already. I always call them the trashy groupies of the Jonas Brothers. Guess what? The DVD copy of Camp Rock is out already in the US! You can buy it online!!!! The shirtlifters are so grateful. I bet the Pirates of Qdessy have copies now. Let me check. Ha ha ha!

653342jonas 18

Camp Rock is palpably produced coz of the scorching popularity of the Jonas Brothers right now. I'm so glad that Hanna Montana aka Miley Serious I mean Cyrus or whatever is not in this TV-Movie. I don't dislike her but she's too rich already. Spare her and let her do the “Lindsay”. Her threat is here! Introducing Demi Lovato - The new Disney Princess ! Demi... Please don't do a Vanessa or Miley. Most of all ... girl , stay away from Lindsay.

3

This TV-movie is not so High School Musical. The direction is very awful. The choreography is very flagitious. The lip synchronizations are so horrible. It sucks! Even The Jonas Bros are not that good in their rocky performances. Can I throw rocks to the TPTB's heads coz this boob tube special is only pleasing to the tweens and some nincompoop teens who don't care about the quality. HSM is perfectly performed, choreographed and directed. The songs are amazing too. In Camp Rock I think there are only 4 good songs that you can truly appreciate. There are so many unattractive music scenes.

I despise that performance during that open mic jam. The song is “What It Takes” from that African-American girl named Aaryn Doyle. Her lip synchronization is so horrendous. The song is so peppy but she's just so ho-hum to watch. Even that fetching piece “Here I Am” from Jasmine Richards during the Final Jam is excruciating to watch. Some memorable music scenes for me are that ballad from Joe Jonas called Gotta Find You, Who Will I Be from Demi Lovato, Play My Music from the Jonas Bros and This is Me from Demi again. The rest are just folderol. The other songs did not rock their camp at all.

demilovato_net-camprockstills-0064

The newfound teen superstar Demi Lovato is very pulchritudinous. I can't tell if she's talented coz her acting is still half-baked. Her voice is comparable to Miley. I often see her smiling like 90% in this DCOM. She is just flashing her pearly white teeth most of the time. Even when she's crying she is still beamish. I don't hate her though. I think I have a crush on her right now. That antagonist in the movie is really cute. Here name is Meaghan Jette Martin who plays Tess. She's like Sharpay but she's so mean. Unlike Sharpay who is a dumb blonde who doesn't care at all. Her character is so Britney/Miley actually.

alg_camp

Demi's character is Mitchie. Is she like Vanessa Hudgen's Gabriella? Hmmm...not really. She's just cute to watch. I like her friend name Caitlyn. She's not attractive but she's awesome.

CR014

Ok let's talk about the Zac Efron threat. Joe Jonas!!! Ok girls you can scream now! I believe he is charming. Enough said. He looks like Mark Herras in some angles. He has a good voice too.

Maybe this special is only amazing to the loyal fans of the Jonas Bros. But if you love HSM 1 & 2 by heart, You'll end up quiet dismayed after watching Camp Rock. At least they have 4 catchy songs. Watch out for “This is Me”. It's a great single.



Camp Rock is really not that bad at all. It's still enjoyable coz the story is really fun. I'm still recommending this DCOM coz these young superstars are really cute to ogle at. “Just their faces”.


I just hope the sequel will rock the camp next year!

RATING : 3 / 5 *

No comments: