Tuesday, August 19, 2008

CAUTION : A RAZZIE SLASHER

PROM NIGHT

403px-Prom_Night

I'm already excited to see the nominations of the Razzie Awards next year. I bet Prom Night will rake multiple nominations and eventually win some major awards. This remake is credibly one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Oh God a PG-13 slasher/horror flick? So the tweens will have a screamfeast night.

photo_16_hires

Donna's family was massacred 3 years ago by her obsessed teacher. She luckily survived that carnage but the nightmare is still haunting her. She lives with her aunt and uncle, coping with her trauma. She's also excited to attend her prom night unfortunately the teacher escaped from the mental asylum and has come back to town to stalk her again. The police must do something to save Donna and the posh prom night.

photo_03_hires

This film is excruciating to watch not because of the blood flow but everything is just so gormless. The direction is so nincompoopish. The acting is kinda atrocious. The script is too scary for the kindergarten kids and the screaming tweens. This is a slasher “so so flick” and the executions are very ridiculous. While watching this flick, you keep on asking about the actuality. The crime is way too IMPOSSIBLE. Poor police force!!! They are just so dumb and otiose in the flick just like in the ending of some Filipino movies. The antagonist is super mega ultra the best villain ever created coz he can outwit, escape and beat out everyone with his one knife. Imagine the police has the complete ammunitions in their back but still they are so worthless. Ha ha ha!!! I wanna slash the writers laptop and let him continue his own strike and die. The whole TPTB can join him too.

I keep on laughing on their horror tricks. Imagine the famous scene about someone who will show up in the mirror right after closing the medicine cabinet. I think they show this scene a million times here. Oh crap! They even rip off some of the struggling scenes from Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Oh please don't kill me coz I'm crawling on my knees right now. I will hide first and then I will accidentally stumble an object and fall on the floor. Please hear the clank and kill me immediately. Oh God help me”. LOL ! The best scene for me is the “lamp that almost killed Donna to death”.

photo_06_hires

Britanny Snow who plays Donna is not that good too. She's not worst but I think her scar on her forehead is more palpable than her acting. I like her more in John Tucker Must Die and Hairspray. The other characters other than the villain are completely forgettable. Oh... I would also like to protest coz the Prom Night Queen is not really hot. Who voted for her anyway?

photo_08_hires

Prom Night is very horrible. It's really disappointing coz it's a waste of dough. Just imagine a slasher flick without stress, suspense and most of all screamfest. This is not even deserving to be released in the big screen or even DVD. Be frugal my friend.

RATING : 1 / 5*

No comments: