Thursday, August 21, 2008

MCDREAMY'S NIGHTMARE

MADE OF HONOR

made-of-honor-poster

What happens when you rip-off the beloved rom-com “My Bestfreind's Wedding”? The outcome could be good or disastrous Made of Honor lies between. It depends if you're into these cheesy flat-out crowd pleaser rom-com, you will love this one. But if you want to be surprised this is not the film to enjoy.

This movie is just a cloddish knock-off of that famous Julia Roberts' flick Here's the thing: MycDreamy aka Patrick Dempsey is a Lothario named Tom.He is so successful when he invented the coffee collar. He had sex with different women every week. It's his rule to dump the girl when he's done with her. His best friend who is Hanna played by Michelle Monaghan knows it and she still loves him secretly. Huh? When Hanna becomes engaged to a very wealthy Scottish on a business trip in Scotland, she asks Tom to be her maid of honor. He agrees in order to ruin the wedding and steal her from the groom. Some kind of a plot huh?

photo_11_hires

I really dig rom-coms but this one is not that satisfying. There are some few good laughs but they ain't good enough to fill up the rom-com jar. They just made Julia's character as a dude this time and to make it worst a womanizer who transforms into a shining Prince Charming because the “dog” tells him. A dog? Yeah, a canine. So what's the connection I still didn't get it.

photo_15_hires

The two leads don't have a zesty chemistry. But I admire Patrick Dempsey coz he is really a nice actor. I'm not saying he is the best. I still prefer him to be the scorching McDreamy on boob tube and Robert in Enchanted. Michelle Monaghan is now the leading lady in demand. Thanks to Tom Cruise in MI3 coz she's a well known actress now. I watched her again in North Country with Charlize Theron. Based on her looks in that good film I think she went under the knife. Her face is just too charming now. Rent it you'll see the difference here. She's awesome in this movie by the way. Yeah, the perfect bride to steal.

photo_13_hires

There are some good shots in Scotland. But the New York scenes are just average to poor. They also use some pretty good pop OST as background. I enjoyed some of the songs. This is directed by Paul Weiland who is the man behind the success Mr. Bean. There are no dorky “Beany” scenes here. Don't you worry about that. I just don't like the mockery on the fat lady. Actually, she's funny but it's just sad that her character may hurt some ladies you know.

photo_19_hires

There are some agitating scenes for me. I don't know but those scenes really bugged me for a while. It's shocking and also titillating to see Hanna doing that “art preserving thing”. She is like giving a BJ to that nude painting. It's a nice scene to watch. Ha ha ha! Then the shower scene with the guys is so enthusiastic. I don't know but I'm now intrigued if Scottish guys are really well-endowed.

I'm not really recommending this one unless you're a huge McDreamy fan. This movie will only please the cheesy rom-com chick flick fanatics. I'm into it actually but this one just didn't work out. It's like having a steamy dream then it turns out to be a nightmare.

Skip this one or just rent the DVD if you have nothing to do.

RATING : 2 / 5*

No comments: