Sunday, January 27, 2008

NIFTY, FUNNY & SWEET

JUNO

Photobucket

This film reminds me of Knocked Up & Superbad.
Knocked Up talks about unwanted pregnancy and Superbad has a beautiful & nifty script
Mixed them together you'll get the surprise comedy hit of the year. Juno!

Photobucket

I love this film coz it's honest & good-hearted. I can even compare this with my own life.
I don't wanna elaborate my own story but I am sort of the Jennifer Garner here.
Yeah, I adopted a handsome baby and I was there at the hospital when he was born.
That scene with Jennifer in the nursery is so heart-wrenching. I couldn't stop my flowing tears watching her in that moving scene. I just couldn't believe that she wasn't nominated . Jennifer really surprised me! She's so effective and God I love her so much! Maybe because she's a mother now and she really performed the part naturally and amazingly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tandem of Ellen Page & Michael Cera is sweet. I love watching them. They look weird but you'd still adore their chemistry. Ellen is a revelation. I really agree with the Academy and the rest of the award giving bodies for recognizing her talent in Juno. She delivers her performance with pure emotions .Ellen Page plays Juno, the spunky, eccentric, nifty but pregnant teenager . At first her character is annoying but after watching her struggles during pregnancy you will love Juno all the way! Michael Cera from “Superbad” plays her bestfriend Bleek and the father of her child. Superbad is one of my surprising hit flicks last year. I enjoyed it because of Michael. His acting is just not normal but he's kind of lackadaisical to me. That's why I love him. He is not good looking and hot but you'd still like him. My fav scenes of them are their warm embrace in the hospital bed and of course the last scene with their guitars. It's the perfect way to end the film.

Photobucket

Juno & Bleek had an unwanted sex in the story and you will love how the writer attacks the issue about abortion and adoption. It's the modest approach and you will appreciate it. Right now I can already see the presentors opening the envelope and saying: “And the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay goes to Diablo Cody – JUNO!!! No doubt about it! I'm crossing my fingers.

Photobucket

Kudos to the supporting cast! Hats off to JK Simmons & Allison Janney as Juno's parents. Both are perfect! Jason Bateman is also here as Jennifer's wife and he's also likable.

Photobucket

The direction is just simple that's why I was surprised that Jason Reitman was nominated in the Oscars. I think Joe Wright is deserving to get that nomination for his job in Atonement.

The best and possibly the hook of the film is the soundtrack. Yeah, listening to the songs compiled by anti-folk singer Kimya Dawson is exhilarating. The songs have a childish appeal that's why it's catchy and you just can't get 'em out of your head. I love listening to the songs played in the film such as Tree Hugger, Loose Lips, Tire Swing, My Rollercoaster, Vampire & Anyone Else But You. I suggest that you should buy the OST coz it's unbelievably great!

Photobucket

“Juno” may be the “Little Miss Sunshine” this awarding season but it stands out as the most surprising,
funny and possibly the best film of the year.

Juno rocks!!!!!!!

WATCH THE TRAILER

RATING: 5 /5 *

No comments: