Monday, January 14, 2008

OH HONEY BEE-HAVE!!!!

BEE MOVIE

Photobucket


Bee Movie is the last movie I watched of the 4 that opened after the MMFF.

Honestly, I wasn’t excited to watch this even if I’m a Renee fan. I think her voice is really charming. I don’t really dig Seinfeld’s humor. I’m sorry if you’re a fan. I’m not a follower of his TV cult. Jerry Seinfeld by the way provides the main voice character in the film named Barry B. Benson. He is also one of the writers and producers in the film. So this is basically “Seinfeld: An Animated Movie”.
Photobucket
The film offers a flamboyant animation. This is from Dreamworks and I am glad to see delightful colors throughout the film. It’s just zany to watch the CGI precision. Moreover, I think Renee’s voice is really charming.
Photobucket
Because Seinfeld is a bee in here I really enjoyed the first half of the film coz I didn’t see the real him. I must say that the humor is witty and very original. I love the jokes! They’re effective But as the movie moves on it becomes tiring to watch and it’s really unconvincing at all. I almost dozed off but thanks to my soda for keeping me awake. I don’t know why but I suddenly despised this movie. Where’s the magic now? Where’s the sweetness to taste? The story really sucks! It stings!
Photobucket
There were kids in the cinema but I didn’t see them enjoying too. There are only few actions scenes that kids can swallow. Maybe the first half and most likely the last stretch are the only unforgettable scenes. The humor is just only for adults. Yeah, I enjoyed the court scenes coz of the cameo spots from Oprah Winfrey, Ray Liotta & Sting. Whenever I watch an animated movie I always enter the cinema as a child. I don’t think as an adult unfortunately my mind matured so fast here. This is still a kids’ movie though but it lacks the spirit that Pixar and Shrek films usually offers for them.
Photobucket

Anyway, I love the two songs they used in the movie. I find them so soothing. Photobucket

Classic indeed! Thanks to Sugar Sugar from The Archies and Here Comes The Sun a remake from Sheryl Crow.

This is a pretty sweet animated candy film unfortunately it was coated with a fake honey on it. Well, you can spit it out.

Photobucket


RATING: 3 / 5 *

No comments: