Monday, January 14, 2008

POISONED BUT DELICIOUS

SYDNEY WHITE
Photobucket
Computer Computer on the table?Who’s the hottest of ‘em all?
Sydney White is a sequel to 2004’s A Cinderella Story starring Hilary Duff. If you love that kind of movie-fairy tale with a modern twist well I guarantee that you’ll fall in love with our new princess this time.
Amanda Bynes is one of my fav young actresses ever since I fell in love with her in “What A Girl Wants” and She’s the Man”. She’s awesome in Hairspray last year and in Sydney White I am sure she’ll captivate us again. Her eyes are just mesmerizing!
sydney4


The story of Sydney White is slightly based of course on the beloved classic Snow White & the Seven Dwarves. What’s amazing is the modern adaptation with some Mean Girls style and a bit of “Revenge of the Nerds”. I was laughing all the time. I love the humor of the film.
s2

amanda_bynes5

As the villainess, Sara Paxton’s “bitchy” Rachel Witchburn is the not-so perfect witch with a blonde hair. I just don’t find her so hot. Even in Aquamarine I don’t like her as the mermaid. But she’s a fine actress coz you will hate her as Sydney’s antagonist.
amanda_bynes4

In every fairy tale there is always a Prince Charming, in this movie I want you to meet Tyler Prince played by the handsome Matt Long. Oh my God! He is a hottie hunk! The girls in the cinema were giggling every time he smiles. Actually I giggled too ha ha ha! Matt & Amanda have a beguiling chemistry.
sydney1


Some of the best scenes, however, come from the seven ‘dorks’ named Terrance (Doc),Gurkin(Grumpy),Spanky(Happy) ,Jeremy (Bashful) ,Lenny (Sneezy) Embele (Sleepy) & George (Dopey) Dorks rule!!!
adam_hendershott6

Honestly, Sydney White is one of those fascinating films that is badly made while at the same time amuses you. Of course please don’t expect an Oscar material here. I just hope that Amanda Bynes will be the next big thing in Rom-Com arena.
sydney2

What’s the ultimate hook in the film? The soundtrack!!!! Such an amazing compilation of the songs here! I was impressed all time coz the songs are unforgettable. It’s like Grey’s Anatomy way.
This is just right for the kids and pleasing for adults too. Sydney White is an unexpectedly awesome film. A feel good one!
amanda_bynes3


WATCH THE TRAILER

RATING : 4 / 5*

No comments: